Bikaner Tour with Rat Temple
Tour Duration: 1 Night/ 2 Days
Destination: Rat Temple
Our tour representative will pick you from hotel where you have stayed or you will be drive to Bikaner on arrival in India and your stay arrangement will be made at hotel.
• Hotel to Lal Garh Fort:You are at camel city and you will visit some of the major attractions of the city. We will start your full day sightseeing tour of Bikaner from Lal Garh Fort, which is 3 km from the city. Inside the fort, you will visit Shri Sadul Museum in the first floor established in 1076 AD. The rich treasure house of the artifacts and personal possessions of the Maharajas of Bikaner will impress you. Most amazing artifact in the museum is the brass vessel known as a tokna, which was used to collect revenue and then transported to the Bikaner State Treasury by camel. Enjoy these all excellent views of Bikaner.
• Later you will be drive for the next tourist destination of Bikaner i.e. Junagarh Fort and Museum. This huge fort has a 986 m-long wall with 37 ramparts, a moat and two entrances of which the Surajpol or the Sun Gate is positioned as the main entrance. Enjoy visiting this historical site.
• Later you will be drive to Shiva Bari Temple which is at a distance of 6 km from Bikaner. You will enjoy seeing the bronze statue of Nandi and a Shiva lingam.
• You will also visit Bhandasar Jain Temple, Prachina Museum, Gajner Palace, Sisodia Rani Ka Bagh, Ganga Golden Jubilee Museum and Devi Kund during your full day sightseeing of Bikaner. At Devi Kund, you will find the cenotaphs (chattris) of the rulers of Bikaner made of marble and sandstone. Jai Singh II built these cenotaphs (chattris) amidst the well-kept gardens.
• After some refreshment during your sightseeing, you will be drive to Camel Research Farm, which is one of its kinds of a farm in whole of Asia. There are about 230 camels at the research farm and three dissimilar breeds are reared here. Enjoy the ride of camel safari, look at the baby camels and explore the small museum. Later you will be return back to hotel for overnight stay.
Day-2 :Hotel to Rat Temple:
During your second day sightseeing of camel city Bikaner, our representative will drive you to Karni Devi Temple (Well Known as Rat Temple which is 15 km away from main city). Here you'll be surprised to see that thousands of rats throng all over the temple floors. Abnormally enough, these rats do not bite the barefooted pilgrims who enter the temple rather they silently play with them, eat with them, run around them, sit on their laps which the devotees consider to be the benediction of the Goddess. There are said to be four or five white rats, out of thousands of rats, which are considered to be the holiest. Enjoy your rest of the time in shopping. Later, at the end of this tour our representative will drop you back to the hotel.